Revised: June 13, 2022
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
VIRTUALhaus, LLC (“VIRTUALhaus”) provides a technology-enabled real time product visualization platform, including the Software as a Service offering branded as VIRTUALhaus, the website at https://www.virtualhaus.us
PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. BY REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, INCLUDING ANY UPDATES OR REVISIONS POSTED HERE OR OTHERWISE COMMUNICATED TO YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THESE TERMS, OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES
, INCLUDING THE VALIDITY, APPLICABILITY OR INTERPRETATION OF THESE TERMS (EACH A “CLAIM”), AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY SUCH CLAIM WILL BE RESOLVED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, ARBITRATION OR OTHER SIMILAR PROCESS. PLEASE REVIEW SECTION 13 CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE RESOLUTION OF ANY CLAIM.
You represent and warrant that you: (a) are of legal age to form a binding contract; (b) have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to and abide by these Terms; and (c) are not a person barred from using the Services under the laws of any applicable jurisdiction. THE SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 13, AND SUCH USERS ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM SUBMITTING ANY PERSONAL DATA OR USING ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICES, AND BY TAKING SUCH ACTIONS YOU AGREE, REPRESENT, AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
1. Grant. Subject to and conditioned on your compliance with these Terms, VIRTUALhaus hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license solely to: (i) license to access and view pages within the Services; (ii) to the extent that the Services provide access to any online software, applications or other similar components, to access and use such components only within the Services and only in the form found within the Services; and (iii) to the extent that VIRTUALhaus makes any Mobile Apps available, to install, run and use the Mobile Apps on a mobile device that you own and control, in executable, machine-readable, object code form only. All rights granted to you under these Terms are subject to and conditioned on your compliance with these Terms and any other documents and/or policies referenced herein in all material respects and may only be exercised by you for your personal, non-commercial use or internal business purposes. VIRTUALhaus is not obligated to provide you any support for the Services, and these Terms do not entitle you to any support for the Services. Your access to and use of the Services must further comply in all material respects with all usage guidelines posted by VIRTUALhaus.
2. Mobile Apps. If any Mobile App is downloaded by you from the iTunes App Store (each, an “iOS Mobile App”), your use of such iOS Mobile App is further subject to your compliance in all material respects with the terms and conditions of the Usage Rules set forth in the iTunes App Store Terms of Service. These Terms are between you and VIRTUALhaus only, and not with Apple Inc. (“Apple”) or any other app store provider, and Apple is not responsible for iOS Mobile Apps and the contents thereof; however, Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms with respect to iOS Mobile Apps.
3. Trademarks. You may not use any VIRTUALhaus names, brands, trademarks, service marks and logos that VIRTUALhaus makes available on the Services (“Marks”). VIRTUALhaus claims trademark protection over all such Marks and you will not use the Marks except as expressly authorized herein. You will not remove or alter the Marks or any proprietary notices on the Services. The Marks may not be included in or as part of any registered corporate name, any other logo, or service or product name. You may not create any derivative works of the Marks or use the Marks in a manner that creates or reasonably implies an inaccurate sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or association with VIRTUALhaus. You will not otherwise use business names or logos in a manner that can mislead, confuse, or deceive any third party. All use of the Marks and all goodwill arising out of such use, will inure to VIRTUALhaus’s benefit.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
1. You grant VIRTUALhaus and its service providers a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid-up, non-exclusive, sublicensable, transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, make and have made all content (in any form and any medium, whether now known or later developed) that you provide in connection with the Services. You acknowledge and agree that the technical processing and transmission of data associated with the Services, may require: (i) transmissions over various networks and across borders; and (ii) modifications to conform, connect, and adapt to technical requirements of networks or devices. You grant to VIRTUALhaus the right to monetize derived assets on the Service (and such monetization may include displaying ads on or within Services or charging fees to others for access). This Agreement does not entitle you to any payments.
2. The Services provided to you hereunder or available to you through the Services are licensed, not sold, and VIRTUALhaus retains and reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms. You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and VIRTUALhaus, VIRTUALhaus and its licensors owns all rights, title and interest (including all intellectual property rights) in the Services and all data, content, and other materials within the Services. The Services are protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. VIRTUALhaus reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms.
3. You may not share your account or password with anyone. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify VIRTUALhaus immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password or any other similar breach of security. If your account remains inactive for three months or longer, VIRTUALhaus reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account, with or without notice to you, and delete your content all without liability.
5. USER CONDUCT AND RESTRICTIONS
1. In your use of the Services, you will not:
a. use, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, sublicense, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, sell, lease, rent, make, have made, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise grant rights to the Services, except as expressly permitted under these Terms;
b. reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, or otherwise attempt to derive trade secrets, algorithms, or the source code, architectural framework, or data records, within or associated with the Services;
c. interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Services, including by disrupting the ability of any other person to use or enjoy the Services;
d. provide use of the Services on a service bureau, rental or managed services basis, provide or permit other individuals or entities to create Internet “links” to the Services or "frame" or "mirror" the Services on any other server, or wireless or Internet-based device;
e. access the Services for the purpose of developing, marketing, selling or distributing any product or service that competes with or includes features substantially similar to the Services;
f. violate any applicable local, state, provincial, federal or international law or regulation, or use the Services for any illegal, unauthorized or otherwise improper purposes, including to store or transmit malicious code, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights;
g. remove or obscure any proprietary notice that appears within the Services;
h. impersonate any person or entity, including VIRTUALhaus personnel, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with VIRTUALhaus, or any other entity or person;
i. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Services;
j. take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately heavy load on the Services or its infrastructure;
k. or use spiders, crawlers, robots, scrapers, automated tools or any other similar means to access the Services; or download, reproduce, or archive any substantial portion of the Services.
2. You will not: upload, post, email, store, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
a. is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or otherwise objectionable;
b. may not be made available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as confidential or proprietary information learned as part of an employment relationship or under a non-disclosure agreement);
c. infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
d. consists of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, commercial electronic messages, or any other form of solicitation;
e. contains software viruses or any other code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or hardware;
f. contains infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material;
g. or consists of information that you know or have reason to know is false or inaccurate.
3. VIRTUALhaus’s failure to enforce any of these restrictions or guidelines shall not act as a waiver for any future enforcement, will not be considered a breach of these Terms by VIRTUALhaus, and does not create a private right of action for any other party.
If you elect to provide or make available to VIRTUALhaus any suggestions, comments, ideas, improvements or other feedback relating to the Services (“Feedback”), VIRTUALhaus shall own and be free to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, make, have made, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise grant rights in your Feedback in any form and any medium (whether now known or later developed), without credit or compensation to you.
7. LINKS; ADVERTISERS; DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES
2. Dealings with Third Parties. Your dealings with advertisers and other third parties, including building product manufacturers and distributors, who market, sell, buy or offer to sell or buy any goods or services on the Services, including payment for and delivery of such goods or services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. You agree that VIRTUALhaus shall not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind incurred as a result of any such dealings.
You shall indemnify and hold VIRTUALhaus and its affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents, partners and licensors (collectively, “VIRTUALhaus Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of a (a) content you provide to VIRTUALhaus; (b) your violation of these Terms, any law or regulation, or any rights (including intellectual property rights) of another party; or (c) your use of the Services, except as expressly permitted in these Terms.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
1. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE VIRTUALHAUS PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OR ARISING FROM STATUTE, COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
2. THE VIRTUALHAUS PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT: (i) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) ACCESS TO THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, VIRUS-FREE, OR ERROR-FREE; OR (iii) THE INFORMATION AND ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR COMPLETE.
3. ALL CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR CONFIRMING THE ACCURACY OF ALL CONTENT BEFORE TAKING OR OMITTING ANY ACTION.
4. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY MAY NOT BE VALID IN SOME JURISDICTIONS AND YOU MAY HAVE WARRANTY RIGHTS UNDER LAW WHICH MAY NOT BE WAIVED OR DISCLAIMED. ANY SUCH WARRANTY EXTENDS ONLY FOR THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT (UNLESS SUCH LAW PROVIDES OTHERWISE).
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. THE VIRTUALHAUS PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, OR COST OF COVER, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY TYPE OR MANNER OF COMMERCIAL, BUSINESS, OR FINANCIAL LOSS, EVEN IF THE VIRTUALHAUS PARTIES HAD ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE VIRTUALHAUS PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF (OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE) THE SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF FIFTY DOLLARS ($50) OR THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO VIRTUALHAUS FOR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES WITHIN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH THE APPLICABLE CLAIM(S) AROSE.
2. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. INSOFAR AS APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS ANY LIMITATION ON LIABILITY HEREIN, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT SUCH LIMITATION WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY MODIFIED, BUT ONLY TO THE EXTENT SO AS TO MAKE THE LIMITATION COMPLIANT WITH APPLICABLE LAW. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE AGREED ALLOCATIONS OF RISK AND SUCH LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
11. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
1. If you violate these Terms, VIRTUALHAUS may, with or without notice to you, immediately suspend or terminate your access and use of the Services.
2. VIRTUALHAUS reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services (or any portion thereof) with or without notice, and VIRTUALHAUS shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification or discontinuance;
3. Upon termination of these Terms for any reason: (i) VIRTUALHAUS, in its sole discretion, may remove and discard your content and information; (ii) you will immediate cease your use of the Services; and (iii) any provision that, by its terms, is intended to survive the expiration or termination of these Terms shall survive such expiration or termination. Further, you agree that that VIRTUALHAUS shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account or access to the Services.
12. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the United States Federal Arbitration Act, other applicable federal laws and the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflict of laws principles. The parties agree that neither the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, nor the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) shall apply to these Terms, regardless of the states in which the parties do business or are incorporated.
13. BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
1. Agreement to Arbitrate. ALL CLAIMS ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT, EXCEPT THAT YOU MAY ASSERT CLAIMS IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT (DEFINED FOR THE PURPOSES OF THESE TERMS AS A COURT OF LIMITED JURISDICTION THAT MAY ONLY HEAR CLAIMS NOT EXCEEDING $5,000) IF YOUR CLAIMS ARE WITHIN THE COURT’S JURISDICTION. THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND COURT REVIEW OF AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS LIMITED.
2. Venue. The arbitration shall be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its then-applicable Commercial Arbitration Rules or, as appropriate, its Consumer Arbitration Rules. The AAA’s rules are available at http://www.adr.org/. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees shall be governed by the AAA’s rules. The arbitration shall be conducted in the English language by a single independent and neutral arbitrator. For any hearing conducted in person as part of the arbitration, you agree that such hearing shall be conducted in Austin, Texas or, if the Consumer Arbitration Rules apply, another location reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances, as determined by the arbitrator. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding. Judgment on the arbitral award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
3. Class Action Waiver. WE EACH AGREE THAT ALL CLAIMS SHALL BE RESOLVED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR OTHER SIMILAR PROCESS (INCLUDING ARBITRATION). IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN IN ARBITRATION, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND AGREE THAT SUCH CLAIM SHALL BE BROUGHT ONLY IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION IN AUSTIN, TEXAS. YOU HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS AND WAIVE ANY OBJECTION ON THE GROUNDS OF VENUE, FORUM NON-CONVENIENS OR ANY SIMILAR GROUNDS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH CLAIM.
4. Injunctive Relief. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you and VIRTUALhaus may seek injunctive relief and any other equitable remedies from any court of competent jurisdiction to protect its intellectual property rights, whether in aid of, pending, or independently of the resolution of any dispute pursuant to the arbitration procedures set forth in this Section 13.
5. Changes. If VIRTUALhaus implements any material change to this Section 13, such change shall not apply to any Claim for which you provided written notice to VIRTUALhaus before the implementation of the change.
14. LEGAL COMPLIANCE
You represent and warrant that you will comply with all applicable foreign, federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation, U.S. export laws and import and use laws of the country where Licensed Material is delivered or used and you are not: (a) located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (b) listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties, including the Specially Designated Nationals List.
15. U.S. GOVERNMENT ENTITIES
This section applies to access to or use of the Services by a branch or agency of the United States Government. The Services includes “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and qualifies as “commercial items” as defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101. Such items are provided to the United States Government: (a) for acquisition by or on behalf of civilian agencies, consistent with the policy set forth in 48 C.F.R. 12.212; or (b) for acquisition by or on behalf of units of the Department of Defense, consistent with the policies set forth in 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 and 227.7202-3. The United States Government shall acquire only those rights set forth in these Terms with respect to the such items, and any access to or use of the Services by the United States Government constitutes: (i) agreement by the United States Government that that such items are “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as defined in this section; and (ii) acceptance of the rights and obligations herein.
16. PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been made available through the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide VIRTUALhaus’s Agent for Notice of Copyright Claims the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) a description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where that material may be accessed within the Services; (d) your address, telephone number and email address; (e) a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement from you that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, please contact VIRTUALhaus’s Agent for Notice of Copyright Claims. VIRTUALhaus’s Agent for Notice of Copyright Claims can be reached as follows:
c/o Agent for Notice of Copyright Claims
600 Congress Ave., 14th Floor
Austin, Texas 78701
17. CALIFORNIA USERS & RESIDENTS
In accordance with California Civil Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting such unit in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
18. GENERAL PROVISIONS